Sunday, January 28, 2007

Let's get started

My first leadership class assignment requires me to write my vision and a mission statement. What better way to start this blog.

So here it goes:

Fostering meaningful learning communities

I am committed to the development of enriching learning communities within classrooms and between classrooms. Shared knowledge building and awareness of the thoughts and values of other students across town and across the globe will be invaluable to students as they emerge into a global society. In order to succeed in this mission I will continue to guide students as they work together toward common learning goals. I will expand our 4th grade blogging community by adding classes from other districts in other states and countries. I will provide further staff development and teacher training in using technology to bring teachers and students together into peer learning communities that stretch beyond the walls of the classroom.

2 comments:

Douglas W. Green, Ed. D. said...

The emphasis on global connections is good given the flat world we live in. Have you share this with Laura Lamash?

Rachel Boyd said...

I love this part of your quote:

"peer learning communities that stretch beyond the walls of the classroom"

Isn't it so amazing how once you start getting into this area how flat indeed the world does become! Suddenly little old New Zealand doesn't seem so distant

:) Rachel